- NPR "All Things Considered" story on Calabash Literary Festival in Jamaica (July 2012). Listen
- The New York Times reviewed The Grey Album in their Book Review Podcast (April 2012). Download MP3
- Kevin was interviewed by Christopher Lydon for Radio Open Source in a piece titled, "'Dark Matter' in the American Cosmos" (April 5, 2012). Listen
- Kevin Writes the Day in Verse on NPR (March 30, 2012). Listen
- WNYC's The Takeaway interviewed Kevin and discussed The Grey Album in a segment entitled, "African American Culture, and Its Role in the Country's Cultural Progress" (March 2012). Listen
- Kevin appeared on NPR's "Morning Edition," discussing The Art of Losing (April 2010). Listen
- Kevin spoke with NPR's "Hear and Now" about The Art of Losing (April 2010). Listen
- The Art of Losing: Poems of Grief and Healing was featured on Irish National Radio (April 2010). Listen
- Dear Darkness featured as one of the "Best Books of 2008" on NPR's All Things Considered (December 2008). Listen
- Listen to Kevin reading several poems at the Key West Literary Seminar in 2008
- Read and listen to Kevin reading his poem, "Elegy, Father's Day" at Slate.com, as part of their "Weekly Poem" series (2007)
- Watch and listen as Kevin reads from For the Confederate Dead and other work on PBS (2007)
- Listen to Kevin on "On Point with Tom Ashbrook," on WBUR Boston (2007)
- Watch Kevin at the 2007 Library of Congress National Book Festival
- NPR's Morning Edition talked with Kevin about Black Maria in March 2005. Listen
- Watch and listen to Kevin reading from Jelly Roll while on tour in 2003
- In February 1999, NPR's All Things Considered interviewed Catherine Bowman about Most Way Home. Listen
- "Poems That Make You Hungry." The New York Times. March 2012.
- "It Don't Mean A Thing: The Blues of Modernism." Poets.org. March 2012.
- "Interview with Kevin Young." Failbetter online magazine. October 2009.
- "We Live in a Time Full of Love." Poetry Magazine podcast. Featured in round-up of recent poetry, reading "The Mission."
- "Midwestern Blues." Audio interview and feature. Summer 2009.
- "Midwestern Blues." Poetry Off the Shelf series. 3 September 2009.
- "Book of Hours"
- Earlier poems
- "Satchmo" (from To Repel Ghosts)
- Profile of Kevin Young, guest editor, Ploughshares, 2005
- An interview with the Sacramento News & Review, March 2007
- Interview with Powell's Books, February 2007
This section will feature occasional items from Young's own personal archive of photographs, drafts, and memorabilia, updated from time to time.
Dark Room Collective archival photographs (at Poets & Writers)